We’re Here to Help
Choosing a residential mental health treatment center is an important life decision, and the members of the CooperRiis Admissions Team want you to feel supported and informed every step of the way — whether you’re a prospective resident, a family member or a referring professional.
Our staff is here, ready to answer your questions about CooperRiis and to assist in making an informed decision about the very best mental health treatment options for you, your loved one or client.
Taking the First Steps
With the initial phone call or email, our staff will share information about CooperRiis and our approach to treatment, and gather information about the potential resident’s past history to determine if CooperRiis is an appropriate fit.
If CooperRiis is determined to be a good fit, the next step is for the prospective resident or family member and referring clinician to complete and submit the required Admissions Forms found on this page along with other relevant records for clinical review, including discharge summaries from past psychiatric treatment, hospitals or other residential programs. The CooperRiis team will review the Admissions package within 48 hours of receipt and contact you for next steps.
An Invitation to Visit
Once the Admissions package is reviewed, an invitation to visit CooperRiis is extended. The prospective resident and family member(s) come to either our Mill Spring or Asheville campus for a two-day exploratory visit, at no charge.
You’ll have the opportunity to tour the campus, meet with other residents and staff, dine with us and stay overnight on campus to fully experience community life and get a real sense of our program. Family members stay in lodging of their choice.
At the end of the second day of the exploratory visit, prospective residents typically are invited to extend their stay with immediate admission to CooperRiis.
Call 828.894.7140 to begin the Admissions Process now.
- The Treatment Team Form (PDF)—To be completed by referring psychiatrists and/or other licensed mental health professional(s) working with the applicant.
- The Family Form (PDF)—To be completed by the applicant’s immediate family (parents, spouse and/or guardian).
- The Physical Form (PDF)—To be completed by a medical professional.
- The Resident Form (PDF)—Each applicant is encouraged to participate actively in the Admissions process, by describing, in their own words, their concerns, hopes and goals for their treatment. This optional form may be completed in writing by the applicant or in discussion conversation with an Admissions staff member.
- Discharge summaries from previous treatment facilities or programs
- List of current medications (dosage and frequency)
- Other relevant clinical or educational records
Step-by-Step Admissions Process
To prepare the CooperRiis Admissions Package, please complete the following steps:
- Read and complete the four CooperRiis Admissions forms linked on this page
- Obtain discharge summaries from previous psychiatric treatment, hospitals or other residential programs
- Obtain other relevant clinical or educational records
- Submit completed Admission Package to:
Within 48 hours of receipt, the Admission Package will be reviewed and you will be contacted regarding next steps.