We are happy to answer any questions you may have about CooperRiis.
Please contact us for more information.
- CooperRiis Healing Community has made a difference in the lives of over 1900 residents seeking mental health recovery and wellness since 2003.
- CooperRiis offers a unique approach to recovery through meaningful and purposeful work, integrated wellness practices, and trusted clinical therapies.
- CooperRiis’ original clinicians who designed the program developed a philosophical model to guide our residents and their clinical teams along the resident’s path to recovery called “The Seven Domains.”
- CooperRiis is a person-centered, strength-based program that uses recovery and people-first language.
- CooperRiis offers a full continuum of care, offering the ability to transition back to higher levels of care if needed, thereby avoiding unnecessary discharges and interruptions in treatment.
- CooperRiis Healing Community offers residents an opportunity to learn what it is like to become a part of something bigger than themselves and learn how their community involvement can both negatively and positively impact it.
- CooperRiis offers opportunities for growth, empowerment, and self-confidence building.
- A resident begins their journey at CooperRiis by crafting their dream statement. The resident is in charge of their path to recovery, and their clinical teams are there to support and guide them along that journey.
CooperRiis residential mental health treatment programs are CARF accredited. The CARF accreditation signals our commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community.
It starts with a phone call to the admissions team to learn about our different programs and to guide you towards which of our recovery program locations would be most beneficial for you, your loved one, or your client seeking treatment, either the Farm in Mill Spring or CooperRiis at Asheville. Next, the admissions team member will guide you through the entire admissions process to start your recovery journey towards mental health and wellness.
Our admissions teams are standing by seven days a week, 8am-9pm to assist you.
If you have a client you are working with and would like to refer to them to our program, please reach out to our admissions team today, and they can guide you to which campus location would be an appropriate starting point so your client can begin their recovery journey.
Our admissions teams are standing by seven days a week, 8am-5pm daily to assist you, and we always have someone on call during the evenings and weekends to answer your questions.
Adults aged 18 and above come to CooperRiis with a variety of mental health challenges, including (but not limited to) schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorder, PTSD, thought disorders, and mood disorders, including bipolar disorder, major depressive or anxiety disorder, people who have autism/neurodiversity, and personality disorders, including borderline and avoidant personality disorders. We suggest alternative programs for individuals currently at imminent risk of self-harm or harm to others, individuals struggling with an eating disorder requiring constant monitoring, or individuals currently abusing drugs or alcohol.
During COVID we moved away from our traditional “Exploratory Visit” process and utilized a Direct Admissions process. Once a new resident has been accepted into our community, arrival arrangements are typically made within 2-5 days.
Smoking is allowed in designated areas. Both our campuses are vape free.
CooperRiis supports individuals with a primary psychiatric diagnosis. We ask those struggling with an addiction to have at least 30 days of sobriety before joining our community. As with all of our guidelines, this is individualized and we encourage you to speak with an admissions staff member to discuss specifics.
The length of a resident’s stay is highly individualized and depends on their specific needs and challenges. Residents may choose to start at either the CooperRiis at Asheville or the Farm Program and transition into the Asheville Community Program. We currently have five homes with 4 or 5 bedrooms in Asheville, NC, each with overnight staffing and daytime coaching.
We strongly advocate for family participation in the individual’s recovery process. Once necessary releases (allowing us to share confidential information) are authorized by the resident or guardian, our staff will contact families by email or phone to give regular updates on progress made.
In addition to regular communication, we host Family Education programming virtually for all families of current residents and community members. It may change back to in-person programming as Covid subsides. Our therapists may also provide individualized family engagement, education, and support at an appropriate level for each resident’s specific goals.
How we support this:
- CooperRiis recognizes the needs and or preferences of LGBTQIA+ residents and ensures that those needs are being met wherever possible.
- CooperRiis Staff attend inclusivity trainings and as an organization has an inclusivity/diversity task force.
- Our milieu is updated regularly of our LGBTQIA+ resident community and encouraged to be sensitive and inclusive.
- CooperRiis has a zero-tolerance rule if harassment occurs; acknowledgement and remediation is set into action immediately.
- CooperRiis offers all private bedrooms-program wide.
- CooperRiis offers either private or semi-private baths at residential level.
- CooperRiis has gender-inclusive community restrooms in common shared areas.
Many of our main campus’ residents move into The Asheville Community Program. We provide a transition plan to help schedule appointments with area psychiatrists and therapists for those who chose to continue their recovery at home.
CooperRiis at Asheville does accept out-of-network benefits for treatment and bills the insurance carriers directly on the resident’s and family’s behalf. The Farm can also accept select out-of-network insurance benefits for services such as nursing, individual therapy and select group therapies.
At CooperRiis at Asheville, we will bill the full amount every thirty days for residents with out-of-network insurance. For residents with AETNA (going in network 2/1/2023) or any in-network provider, residents will be billed based upon the benefits associated with their insurance plan.