Hope starts here.
CooperRiis Healing Community
Mind and heart working together for mental health recovery
CooperRiis (cooper-reese) is a residential healing community and progressive transitional living program for adults struggling with mental health challenges. Although sometimes referred to as inpatient care, our campuses are open and offer a warm homelike environment.
Set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, our healing community offers a unique approach to recovery with a balance of evidence-based clinical therapies, purposeful work, community service, education, and holistic health and wellness practices.
New residents welcome.
CooperRiis at Asheville
Asheville Community Program
Healing Begins Together
We believe that mental health healing is best achieved not in isolation, but in a caring, compassionate community.
Our residential healing community provides a safe and structured treatment setting in which residents and staff work, live, play, dine and create together, and where, together, residents are empowered on their road to recovery.
From the Blog
by Alison Hamrick, Autism Program Coordinator Examples of enhancements Features such as micro scheduling, visual supports, concrete language usage, and the integration of sensory diets, to name just a few, will all serve to support residents’ involvement and recovery on our 94-acre farm campus. Micro scheduling is the process of scheduling out tiny increments, often 10 to 15-minute chunks, of
Hope delivered to your Inbox
A Personalized Approach to Care
Our evidence-based clinical care is grounded in supportive residential mental health programs with traditional psychotherapy and group therapies, along with optimized medication use and education to guide residents toward personal long-term care management. Committed to a personalized approach to care, we offer a strong clinical, residential treatment programs for adults 18+ after completing inpatient hospitalization care, referred from a clinician, a family member, coming from another program or coming from home, and who have been diagnosed with these mental health conditions.
The CooperRiis Approach
From the start, the CooperRiis experience is grounded in hope and guided by a personal Dream Statement to empower residents in their recovery. We believe recovery from mental illness is possible and best achieved when individuals and their families are active participants on the journey ahead.
Community Work and Service
Our Community Work and Service on The Farm is rooted in the healing power of social engagement and being a part of a community. Residents spend 15-20 hours a week working as a part of a team that contributes daily to the life of our community campuses. Residents can choose work that inspires and best matches their interests, including horticulture and animal care, cooking and baking, carpentry, landscaping, and drum building. CooperRiis at Asheville structures their days around more clinically intensive groups, individual psychiatry, and psychotherapy for residents.
Our Integrative Wellness Program supports an individual’s mental health recovery through optimal nutrition, fitness goal-setting, mindfulness, and relaxation practices. Residents establish goals for healthy living, improved fitness, and weight maintenance through a personalized wellness plan that tracks progress throughout their stay. Over time, these experiences help inspire and guide residents to better self-awareness and care for lifelong wellbeing.
- CooperRiis Healing Community has made a difference in the lives of over 1600 residents seeking mental health recovery and wellness since 2003.
- CooperRiis offers a unique approach to recovery through meaningful and purposeful work, integrated wellness practices, and trusted clinical therapies.
- CooperRiis’ original clinicians who designed the program developed a philosophical model to guide our residents and their clinical teams along the resident’s path to recovery called “The Seven Domains.”
- CooperRiis is a person-centered, strength-based program that uses recovery and people-first language.
- CooperRiis offers a full continuum of care, offering the ability to transition back to higher levels of care if needed, thereby avoiding unnecessary discharges and interruptions in treatment.
- CooperRiis Healing Community offers residents an opportunity to learn what it is like to become a part of something bigger than themselves and learn how their community involvement can both negatively and positively impact it.
- CooperRiis offers opportunities for growth, empowerment, and self-confidence building.
- A resident begins their journey at CooperRiis by crafting their dream statement. The resident is in charge of their path to recovery, and their clinical teams are there to support and guide them along that journey.
CooperRiis residential mental health treatment programs are CARF accredited. The CARF accreditation signals our commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community.
It starts with a phone call to the admissions team to learn about our different programs and to guide you towards which of our recovery program locations would be most beneficial for you, your loved one, or your client seeking treatment, either the Farm in Mill Spring or CooperRiis at Asheville. Next, the admissions team member will guide you through the entire admissions process to start your recovery journey towards mental health and wellness.
Our admissions teams are standing by seven days a week, 8am-9pm to assist you.
If you have a client you are working with and would like to refer to them to our program, please reach out to our admissions team today, and they can guide you to which campus location would be an appropriate starting point so your client can begin their recovery journey.
Our admissions teams are standing by seven days a week, 8am-5pm daily to assist you, and we always have someone on call during the evenings and weekends to answer your questions.